* Fix VBand compatability LED * Make it actually change pitch
Vail Adapter: Morse Code Key/Paddle to USB
- Lets you key even if you move focus to another window
- Works with Vail
- Works with VBand, but the window has to remain focused
- Optional sidetone generator, which helps with latency
- Implements all nine keyer modes from Vail, in the adapter, so you lunatics can try to key at 50WPM with no latency issues
- Plays received signals in the adapter, so you can turn off your computer speaker
- Free firmware updates for life
- Can be wired up in about 5 minutes
Vail Adapter benefits video (4:46)
Things I plan to add:
- PCB to ease assembly and make a more robust shippable product
- Debug tone changes
- PCB v2 to get the speaker on pin 10 instead of pin 9
- Unplug detection: send a pulse out one pin and detect it on the T pin to reset straight-key detection
- Vail user Michele Giugliano's MorsePaddle2USB, which runs on a DigiSpark (attiny85). It only sends keystrokes, so you must keep the Vail window focused: you can't switch to other apps and still transimit.
- Ham Radio Solutions sells a USB Paddle Interface which appears to be very similar to Michele's project. You must keep the Vail window focused.
- CWKeyboard looks almost exactly the same as the VBand adapter.